Sister’s Ethiopian Restaurant
1720 SE 122nd Ave, Portland, OR 97233
- Tell us your name, the name of your business and what you offer?
- My name is Nasistu Bedada, and our business is called Sisters Ethiopian Restaurant and Market.
When and how did you start your business?
- Sisters Ethiopian Restaurant was open January 05, 2019.
What sacrifices have you had to make along the way?
- There were so many sacrifices made along the way since one of the most sacrifices would be working seven times a weekday and night to make this happen.
How has the pandemic affected you and your business?
- The pandemic has affected us since we weren’t getting more customers as we used to due to the shutdown.
What are the things that make you happy while working?
- Making my customers happy is one of the things that makes me happy while working.
What has been the most challenging part about owning a business?
- The most challenging part of owning a business is time management and making sure everything is going well.
Can you tell us about your family?
- My family and I work within this business. It makes things easy working with my family because we all support one another, and we know what is best for all of us, including for the business.
What do you enjoy about our community?
- Our community is very supportive, and that makes things much easier on us.
What changes would you like to see in your community?
- Nothing that I can think of now, keep encouraging one another.
A message you would like to share with teenagers.
- “Don’t be afraid to fight for your dream; keep putting in the hard work, and you will see the result later.”
A message you would like to share to people in the Lents neighborhood.
- “Thank you for putting us on this project. Keep a great job going.”