NW Pro Gear
9240 SE Woodstock Blvd, Portland, OR 97266
- Tell us your name, the name of your business and what you offer
- My name is Dimitriy Kuzmich, my business name is NwProGear. NwProGear is here to make sure that anyone looking to cycle can find a sturdy, high-quality, new or used bike at a great price.
When and how did you start your business?
- I established my business in 2014. We are proud to be a family owned and operated business! The founder Dimitriy started repairing bikes as a hobby, something he learned from his grandfather. He decided that he wanted to share his enthusiasm by turning his passion into a vocation.
What sacrifices have you had to make along the way?
- The sacrifices I have made are putting a lot of time and energy into starting and growing the company. The first 3 years were very difficult and I often was working over 60-70 hours a week. Luckily now we have a great team that works very hard to help people find the perfect new or used bike or help them keep their existing bike running in tip top shape!
How has the pandemic affected you and your business?
- The pandemic has affected a lot of businesses greatly, and while we are very fortunate to have a lot of new eager cyclists that have made the decision to make cycling part of their healthy lifestyle, the pandemic has affected the supply chain and it has been a struggle getting inventory. We are very fortunate to also have a wide spectrum of used bikes that we can still offer to riders of different levels.
What are the things that make you happy while working?
- While working I love giving old bikes new life, the joy of helping someone find their perfect new bike, and seeing them smile with joy on their face makes me happy.
What has been the most challenging part about owning a business?
- There are countless challenges that every business owner faces on a daily basis, but if you love what you do and you see the joy that you can bring to people, it’s all worth it.
Can you tell us about your family?
- I have a beautiful wife named Mariam, and four amazing children ages 8,5,3, and 1. They add lots of excitement and happiness to our life, and I can’t imagine life without them!
What do you enjoy about our community?
- I like the sense of community that we have and seeing people helping each other out.
What changes would you like to see in your community?
- It would be great to find more ways to engage more people in taking pride in the community for a change. If we all work together we can all help keep it clean, safe, and welcoming.
A message you would like to share with teenagers.
- “Don’t be afraid of hard work, don’t give up, and find a mentor that can help guide you.”
A message you would like to share to people in the Lents neighborhood.
- “I Love Lents, we really appreciate the support of the community and are always happy to help with any bike needs!”