The 2016 cohort of youth worked with partners at Green Lents, OPAL, Malden Court Community Orchard, and participated in a focus group with Livable Lents.
Internship placements for this summer included Zenger Farm, Portland Parks & Recreation, Leach Botanical Garden, Livable Lents, Green Lents, and ROSE Community Development.
As the summer Action Team, LYI offered activities at the Lents Street Fair: homemade root beer, face painting, chalk mural, ring toss and an affordable housing photo booth.
Other fun activities included cooking pizza at Zenger Farm, doing a mapping activity with Livable Lents, playing Pokemon Go at the park, doing a Lents Town Center scavenger hunt, and doing some cleaning along the spring water corridor.
Summer 2016 Internship Outcomes:
- Over 1,200 hours of service by 14 interns
- Conducted over 350 surveys
- Engaged 145 community volunteers
- Held 17 workshops and work parties
- 102 youth engaged through workshops
- Connected with 156 neighbors in various activities
- Assessed 7 ROSE Sites for potential future projects
- Cared for over 3000 trees, shrubs and native plants at 16 sites